of people and cats
Nov. 2nd, 2012 10:16 pmI guess I feel a bit disturbed when I hear about fur babies. I love my cats like any other crazy cat lady, but I don't consider myself their mom. When I call them (and they don't come, of course), I ask them to 'come to Mira'. I've had some contradictory discussions with my sister on this matter because, of course, I had to 'psychoanalyze' why she calls her cat her baby and always she shut me up by demonstrating how much of a slave to my own cats' whims I am, probably worse than she is. Maybe it's about giving a name, any name, to the affection we feel for our pets. They are members of the family anyway.But I'll never use this mom-baby connection in reference to my cats. It just seems embarrassing to me. But then, I'm the easily embarrassed type anyway...
no subject
Date: 2012-11-05 09:09 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-06 05:25 pm (UTC)My cats aren't fixed. Lisa is already too old for that and Meli will get it probably next summer. I admit that if they were male cats, I would have done it without a blink of an eye, but only because the operation is much easier for them.
no subject
Date: 2012-11-02 09:05 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 08:58 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 03:00 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 03:14 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 03:27 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-02 10:40 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 08:56 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 09:04 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 09:22 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 12:36 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 08:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 02:39 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 05:19 am (UTC)*hugs*
no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 08:52 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 07:54 am (UTC)I feel responsible for them like they were my kids, I spoil them rotten, and I make a fuss if they show a minor ailment.
Still, the notion of actually giving birth to a rat (or any other furry fellow) makes me shudder.
no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 08:35 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 06:44 pm (UTC)I only have to make sure it's only one at a time. Those critters refuse to be friendly with each other :))
no subject
Date: 2012-11-04 01:43 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 05:08 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-04 01:45 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-11-03 07:19 pm (UTC)But then again, other people are plain scary when they spoilt their pets rotten (and refer t them as 'my furry kids'!) and even cause them health issues from the excessive 'love' they feel the need to show them. Sometimes it's because they cannot have children, and I think that's both sad and sick.
no subject
Date: 2012-11-04 01:48 pm (UTC)